Egg Quinoa Muffins

NewImage

I always have cooked quinoa in the fridge, and this morning I stirred up a batch of quinoa egg muffins and they were a big hit with the hubs.  It was fast, easy and since I’m lucky enough to have a steady weekly supply of farm eggs, they were extra good.

3 eggs
1 cup cooked quinoa
1/2 can chopped mushrooms
1 small onion, diced
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
1/2 tsp. onion powder 
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/2 cup grated cheese, I use Velveeta shreds because they’re so low in calories, compared to regular or reduced fat cheese

Stir all together and put in muffin tins sprayed with Pam.

Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes, let cool slightly and serve.

This makes 6-7 muffins and the calorie count is really low:

I don’t count veggie calories, Weight Watcher mentality from years ago 😳 it’s embedded in my brain - 

3 eggs @78 calories each - 234
Quinoa, 1 cup, cooked  -  222
Velveeta shreds, 1/2 cup - 120 calories

That’s 576 for entire batch, I divided it into 7 muffins, that’s only 82 calories per muffin.  Works for me 😋

I might add some shredded zucchini next time, bulk up the veggies for more muffins at even less calories...

Comments

Popular Posts