Low Calorie Buttermilk Dressing

 

 

NewImage

This is an easy ranch dressing, just takes a few minutes to whisk together and it’s so much better than bottled.

1 cup low-fat buttermilk

2/3 cup low-fat mayonnaise - Hellman’s Olive Oil Mayo

2/3 cup low-fat sour cream

1 teaspoon garlic powder

1 teaspoon onion powder

2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives - I substituted a chopped green onion

1 teaspoon dried dill

2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley - I omitted this

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon pepper

Whisk all ingredients, and store in pint Ball jar.

 

Notes:  The original recipe from AllRecipes called for 1-1/3 cup buttermilk, but I scaled it back so it’s thicker.  They also called for `1 tsp. of salt, but other reviewers said it was too salty, so I changed it to 1/2 tsp. and its just right.  Other suggestions were a pinch of sugar and a chopped garlic clove, but I made it just like the recipe above.  ~ jan

Comments

Popular Posts