Yummy fish in 10 minutes

NewImage

Crispy, easy, flaky flavorful fish.  Here’s how you make it..

4 filets, I used flounder, and they were very thin

1 cup Panko crumbs

1/2 cup Parmesan cheese

1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

1/2 teaspoon onion powder

2 tablespoons melted butter, I used 35 calorie I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter, Light

Preheat oven to 400 degrees

Put fish on parchment paper on a cookie sheet and pat dry with paper towel.  Then brush each piece with melted butter and press Panko topping over entire surface of the fish.  Since my pieces were thin I baked it for 10 minutes.  Just bake it until it flakes easily with a fork.  If you want the topping browner turn on the broiler and broil for a few minutes.  I didn’t need to do this, mine was brown enough without broiling.

Don’t add additional salt, the Parmesan cheese makes this salty enough.  

Note:  My favorite fish is cod, it takes 20 minutes in the oven and it’s flaky and perfect.

You can also do this with chicken breasts, if you use tenderloins, or butterfly breasts, dip them in a beaten egg, then shake in a bag with the seasoning, spray a rack with Pam and sit the chicken on it on a cookie sheet.  I makes this in the air fryer, if you have convection oven, use that setting to cook it.

It takes 20-25 minutes for the to cook as well at 400 degrees.  

Excellent recipe!

Comments

Popular Posts